Friday, January 8, 2010

Whatever you do...don't light a match!

I think we all know each other well enough by now to be able to discuss a very important subject...gas. For months you've all had to put up with me and my poopie blankies, among other yucky issues...so for once I get to pick on someone else.

Frannie went back to see Dr. Dickie today for X-rays, and guess what showed up in her belly... GAS! That's right...the only thing going on in her tummy is gas. No blockages, no tumors, she hasn't swallowed a tennis ball...she's one big kitty balloon. Now I'm wondering when Dr. Dickie looked at the X-ray, did she see like a little Shell or Mobile or BP sign on there? How did all this gas get in there? Is it useful? I saw Mommy about faint when she opened her DTE bill today. Maybe there's a way we can hook Frannie up to the furnace and lower the bill for next month. Mommy calls Frannie either Frannie Bananie or Fran Fran. I'm thinking that I'm going to call her Gasbag or Hindenburg.

All kidding aside tho...I noticed that Mommy is very concerned. I guess the issue is that Frannie's bowels have quit moving so they aren't pushing anything out. Frannie probably isn't eating because she feels full or bloated. Mommy got some medication that she has to rub in Frannies ear that's supposed to jump start her bowels. How cool is that?! Mommy has to wear rubber gloves when she puts the medication on because it's super dangerous for humans, which seems kind of crazy, doesn't it? How can something so good for a kitty be bad for people? Mommy talked to her friend, Jeff, and he said that the magical ear cream made his kitty well, so Mommy really hopes it works for Frannie, too. So...Mommy is still busy fussing with Frannie and I didn't get any lovies tonight. All I got was a smooch on the head when she gave me dinner. Hmph!

Can everyone cross their fingers and toes and hope that the medication works for Frannie? The sooner she gets better, the sooner I can get back to getting my fair share of lovin'!

Kinzi

1 comment:

  1. Dear Sweet Kinzi
    I am sorry to hear that poor Frannie is so full of gas. I hope this new medicine will get that gut and gas moving along. I am gettin worried about her also. It has been a long time. I know this has to be hard on your Mommy also. Kinzi, please send Frannie a secret message and tell her we are waiting to hear good news about her and with all that gas we may even hear her when she lets it out. Let us know if you hear and smell it and we will all be glad to hear you.

    Kinzi, I am sending you cuddles, hugs and head bumps from me and my 3 kittys here and let us know how things are going.

    Love ya
    Your Friend
    Sandy/Fluff WAC

    ReplyDelete