Saturday, October 17, 2009

WHEW...I made it back from the vet in one piece...

I'm so traumatized!! There were needles...and fingers stuck up places where fingers don't belong...it was humiliating. As if all that isn't bad enough, there are 2 long hair white cats at St. Julian's that need a new home. Their names are Cookies and Toe Jam. I heard someone say cookies so I got up and walked quite a ways to see if I could find the cookies...only to discover it's a white cat...and not only did he not actually HAVE any cookies to give to me...he hissed at me. (how rude!) Later on when Dr. Dickie tried to give me a real cookie, I was so upset I couldn't even eat it!

Dr. Dickie says my left knee is still a little swollen..and that one of my anal glands was super full so maybe that explains my potty problems. The Prednisone is still being kept at the higher amount for 10 days. I was able to get my rabies vaccine tho...which is great. I've been really worried about rabid squirrels breaking into the house and attacking me! (HEY!~it could happen! Don't you laugh at me...)

I was so happy to get out of there!!!!!! But then Mommy didn't go straight home...she went to a pet store to buy me more cat food. (I'm OK with that!) Then we made another stop at the Wyandotte Shelter. Some of the ladies came out to the car to visit me...that was nice! Mommy went in to visit a dog that I think is going to come live with us soon. She's got a tumor and a horrible rash on her rump and nobody wants to adopt her. Mommy will bring her here and get her all fixed up, just like me!! I tried to voice a complaint because the dog is a beagle...so I'm going to have to really make sure my food doesn't get stolen. Thank goodness Daddy built me the doggy proof pen in the basement.

I'm happy to be home now. A lovely Saturday at home with Mommy and all my friends around me. If Mommy really loves me, she'll turn on the space heater so I can have a good, toasty nap.

Kinzi

1 comment:

  1. Oh Sweet Kinzi - what a day you had. I wish I was at the shelter when you went to visit. Tell Mommy that your friend Sandy/Fluff volunteers most every Monday night and she would love to see you. I am also there some Friday nights. Oh Kinzi, good news that your Mommy may bring the little Beagle home and her her all fixed up. That is an answer to prayer because when I saw her at the shelter last night I was talking to Alyssa, our friend, and she has been worried about this sweet doggie that something bad might have to happen to her because she was not in good shape and we both mentioned that we wish that STH would come in and take her out so she could get to feeling better and find her forever home so that is an answer to our prayer. Please tell Mommy if she takes her that you can add updates on your messages on how she is doing. I am sure you will be okay in your new doggy proof pen and this sweet little girl doggie won't bother you. She is a special need pup just like you are a special needs kitty. Kinzi - I love hearing from you and do hope to see you again some day but until then I love the pictures and your updates. Oh yeah, I will be working at the shot clinic next Saturday if Mommy has anyone that needs shots. I know you are all okay now with shots and up to date. I am happy you got your rabies shot also - I was worried that those little rabid squirrels would come in and bite you also. Ha Ha!
    Love and hugs sweetie
    Your friend
    Sandy/Fluff

    ReplyDelete