Thursday, December 10, 2009

My friend is back home!



Kippie made it to the vet this morning, with a little help from Mommy's friend, Brenda, who came to get her so Mommy wouldn't have to be super late for work today. (Thank you, Brenda!!) The surgery was this morning and Kippie made it through with no problems. They had to take some extra precautions because of her kidney issues, but everything is fine. She was VERY happy to see Mommy when it was time to go home. The stitches come out on Christmas eve, so she'll be ready for a new home in case Santa wants to pick her up that day.

I don't want to start any rumors or anything...but I heard that the other dog that used to live here, Wishbone, had the same surgery in the same location for the same kind of tumor, and he was a big sissy who cried all night. Guess that just goes to show ya that girls are tougher! (although I have been known to scream a little myself when Mommy has to scrub my bottom)

I also heard it from a little birdie that today is Shelley's birthday. The little birdie even told me how old she is! (the NERVE!) But don't you worry, Shelley...cuz I sat on him! He won't be tellin' nobody nuffin' no more!

Kinzi

3 comments:

  1. Aww Kippie! I'm happy you made it through surgery ok. Rest up in that nice comfy bed and I hope you feel better soon!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...it's all good Kinzi...thanks for getting my back on the age thing...needless to stay on a freezing night, all my candles on the cake kept me warm! :)

    Rest and recover sweet Kippie...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pretty Kinzi

    Thanks for letting us know about sweet Kippie. Wow, what a big incision. I am sure she will be up and feeling good soon. When you can give her a little snuggle from me okay. Thanks for telling us about Shelley - Happy Birthday to you Shelley.
    Have a great day Kinzi and sending hugs to you. You are lucky you are inside - it is cold outside tonight.
    Love you pretty gir
    Sandy/Fluff WAC

    ReplyDelete