Thursday, February 25, 2010

New dinner date??

Turns out that the new guy, Buster, isn't a big fan of eating. Just like with Frannie, Mommy is freaking out and getting upset because he won't eat. She called the vet today and found out that the antibiotic he was on can cause a kitty to not want to eat, so she took him off of it. Mommy is trying all sorts of food, putting food in the blender to make it into soup, heating it, serving it with a spoon...with very little results. Buster even got locked in my room with me all day long because it's the only beagle proof area of the house. It was a long day while Mommy was at work, but we passed the time by chatting about our past life experiences, then we made fun of the dogs, then I asked him why on earth he doesn't like to eat! He says he has a tooth that hurts...but I told him he has to eat so he gets more meat on his bones...nobody likes a boney kitty!

Mommy finally got him to eat a few bites of food tonight and guess what he finally ate! No...it wasn't pizza...it was MY FOOD! Tonight I had the Thanksgiving Dinner flavor and Buster liked it! I guess I either have a new dinner date...or another person trying to steal my food like the beagles! I'll keep you posted!

Kinzi

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kinzi, looks like you have your work cut out for you. Please talk to Buster and tell him how important it is for him to eat enough to stay healthy. That is okay if he eats some of your food cuz you know that your Mommy won't let you starve and she will replace what Buster eats. So be nice and share so Buster can get to feeling better okay.
    Love and double hugs pretty girl
    Sandy/Fluff WAC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd look at him as a dinner date;) You should sweet talk your mom into mood lighting and candles...
    -Mary 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kinzi, he is certainly good looking. You could send him down here for me to handle.

    I went to the vet this week and boy she wasn't happy with me at all. She said I was morbidly obese (like I didn't know that). She said I can't have any crackers & peanut butter and only 1 1/2 cups of food a day! That doesn't even fill the bottom of my bowl.
    I think I may come up there are help the beagles steel some of your food -- I just don't have the energy since I am now starved!!!

    I have to go back in 2 weeks and she said I better be down at least 1 pound. YIKES.

    Take care and keep warm

    Winston

    ReplyDelete