Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!

Guess what?! I DON'T have that! But...what I do have is just as hard to say and spell! Dr. Dickie now believes that I have Immune Mediated Polyarthritis. The short description is that my joints are really inflamed, possibly caused by a bacterial infection. I'm on a super duper dose of Prednisone and some really nasty antibiotic that will melt my throat if Mommy doesn't drown me with water immediately after giving it to me. (Seriously...I think it says that on the bottle!)

I'm doing much better and I actually walked a tiny bit today! Mommy and I just got back from visiting Dr. Dickie and when we got home, I leaned over too far in the laundry basket and fell out..so I got up and tried to walk to my bed in the living room. The kitchen floor is slippery, so it looked more like Bambi trying to walk on ice than a kitty walking...but trust me...I was using all four legs and I moved myself a good ten feet before I crash landed in the hallway. Mommy was so excited...it's been exactly 2 weeks since the last time I even stood up! So go ahead...all of you can do a happy dance...I'll sit this one out!

I'm eating really well. My blood tests showed that I have alot of white blood cells, which means an infection...but my liver and other junk are all fine...so all that time of me refusing to eat didn't cause any long term problems. Whew! I don't see that being a problem anymore because of the prednisone. Have you ever taken it? It makes you so hungry you want to eat your own arm! The dog laid too close to me today and I considered taking a bite out of his tail!

So that's it for now...I'm on the mend...eating like a horse...and being a good girl. Ohhhhhhh....and the nice lady, Rhonda, who works at St. Julian's, gave me a bath today! I felt so glamorous getting scrubbed up, combed out, and blow dried like a super model at the spa! I was soooo happy that I pooped on myself as soon as I got back in the basket. Oops! ...that's not very glamorous, is it.

Till next time!

Kinzi

2 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo Kinzi pretty girl - way to go with your walking and eating, now we just need to get rid of the big word bug you have and you will be back on the road to recovery. Take care of yourself and I am praying for you and your Mamma also.
    Your friend
    Sandy / Fluff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinzi-you crack me up! I'm so glad you walked finally! Keep up the good work and feel better soon!

    Jill

    ReplyDelete