Sunday, August 23, 2009

I'm the victim of a home invasion!


Boy...even a kitty in the basement of a nice foster home isn't safe from crime these days. I should have known what to expect, really...when I realized there are beagles living here. Every waking moment of their lives is devoted to the endless pursuit of any morsal of food they can find. All week long I've been trying to tell foster mommy who the culprit was...but apparently "Meow, Meow, mew mew mew MEOW!!!!" doesn't really translate to "Abby did it!!!". Mom has been blaming my sweetie, Herbie, since he is the only other cat in the house that likes canned food. She figured he was hopping into my cage for late night snacks.

Mom has my pen locked down pretty good to make it beagle proof...but they try like heck to get in here. The walls of my pen are zip tied to heavy objects, blocked with big tubs of kitty litter, and tied to pieces of furniture to keep the dogs from moving it around. But...as determined as Abby is...she's been climbing over the stuff used to block the cage and getting in and out all week. Every day mom adds more stuff to the pen to try to make it secure. Pretty soon there won't even be room for ME in here!

This all went down last night. Mommy sleeps right above my pen. At 1am she was woken up by the sound of Abby trying to get out of my pen. She snuck down here to catch the assailant in the act...and sure enough...Abby was caught red handed and photographic evidence was obtained (that's me hiding under the green blanket.) Now there's even more stuff piled on my cage to stop her from getting in here again. I sure hope it works! Mommy says if she finds Abby in my pen again she just might list her on Petfinder and find her a new home. Yikes!!! I hope she's joking.
Maybe this week Abby needs to get on the scale to see how much she's gained since she's been eating my food. Then we can make fun of how fat she is and the focus will be off of me for a while.
Weigh in is coming up soon...hopefully it's good news!
Kinzi

No comments:

Post a Comment