Sunday, August 30, 2009

I went out for breakfast today!

I'm back from the vet. It was fun. This time, Mommy loaded me into a big laundry basket full of blankets and took me on a car ride. It was alot more fun than the crate I got stuffed into last time I went in the car.

I got my picture taken and there are no broken bones in my legs, but there is a problem. I have Lymphocytic Plasmocytic pododermatitis. It's a big, ugly word, but really translates into "sore feet". It's an auto-immune issue that is treated with steroids and antibiotics. Hopefully it will go away soon...but I guess it never really goes away and will more than likely flare up from time to time for the rest of my life. My toes are bright pink and some have sores on them like little blisters.

So here's where the breakfast part comes in! I'm sitting on the table at the vet and she pulls out a can of food and serves it to me. It was delicious! I guess it's a super high calorie food for cats who don't like to eat alot. So...I'm on that for a while to guarantee I get all the nutrition I need. I have gained back 4 ounces, though, which made Mommy and the vet very happy. (Remember I had lost way too much the last time Mommy weighed me...so it's good that a little bit came back...it means I'm eating better and getting enough fluids.)

I'm back home now, getting ready to take a good snooze in my big squishy bed Mommy made for me. It's a doggy bed on the bottom, a folded up comforter on top of that, then another blanket, then a pee pad, then me. I feel like a princess! Life is good!

Kinzi

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kinzi - what a great big word we learned today. I am happy though that it is not as scary a problem as the word is big. I am happy also that you had such a great and fun ride and a good breakfast and that you gained a little bit back. Your bed sounds magical and wonderful for the princess that you are. You sure do have a good Mommy who loves you so much. Now you take care and get your tootsies feeling better and keep on eating good and pretty soon you will be romping around and playing all the time with all your friends. Have a good week Kinz and I look forward to hearing more good news over the days ahead.
    Hugs to you sweet kitty
    Love, your friend
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete