Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Boy...I didn't see that coming!

Today Mommy came home from work like she always does...fed me supper like she always does...and then stuffed me into a cat carrier and made me to go the Ford Road Animal Clinic. There ought to be some sort of rule about that. I didn't even have time to hide under the bed! At first I thought maybe it was a pet store because I didn't see the word VET on the sign...but sure enough...that's what it was.

Once we got there, a very nice lady named Linda (who has a weakness for beautiful black and white cats like me) gave me special lovies and then put me on a scale that said I weigh 17 pounds. That's my lowest ever! Mommy weighed me last week on her scale and it said 17.6. (For the record, for the extra .6 I would prefer to be weighed at home from now on, thank you!) So after the weigh in and the special lovies, Dr. Lapshan came in and checked every inch of me. It was like going through security at the airport! Then he stuck a cold little stick in my keister! Mommy tried to distract me with a treat but who can eat at a time like that??? Sheesh!

My ears were a little dirty. Mommy said she spends so much time keeping my other end clean she must not have noticed my ears. My heart is fine and my big, googly eyes are fine, too. I didn't have to have anything shaved or washed, which was a refreshing change from previous visits. I did get poked for my rabies shot, tho. I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again...what are the odds that a rabid squirrel, raccoon, or vampire bat will break into our house and bite me? I'm more likely to get the bird flu if that crazy Frankie snaps at me! Where's my vaccine for THAT?

Dr. Lapshan was happy to hear that I've taken up residence on Mommy's lap now that Quincy is gone. We need to make sure that Mommy stays nice and warm and knows how much we love her...even tho she makes us get things shoved where the sun don't shine and have shots. As much as I complain, I really am glad she keeps my keister clean!

Kinzi

2 comments:

  1. Aww! Yay Kinzi, I am so happy to hear that you are down even more! That makes two of us this week (I'm down 5.5 lbs!!!) We rock:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there my pretty skinny girl - I am so proud of you and your Mommy also. Wow, what a grand and great message. You have done so well and so has your Mom. Sorry you got that stick poked in the Keister- that is not fun but sometimes gotta do those things. It looks like time for a new picture of my pretty skinny girl. Hope things are improving with the shy boy kitty.
    Love you
    Sandy/Fluff WAC

    ReplyDelete