Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Smile...and the whole world smiles with you!

Yes, I know...I'm letting another pesky beagle be on my blog. This is Quincy...otherwise known as "Momma's Boy, Bubby-Wubby, or the Quinster". It's no secret that he's Mommy's favorite around here. You'd think the dog walks on water or something. Even Mommy's friends are in love with him and go on and on about his big, soft ears. Blah blah blah! My whole body is big and soft...what about ME!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a reason I'm being nice and letting him be on my blog. We found out recently that Quincy has an aggressive type of cancer. It showed up out of nowhere and blindsided all of us. Mommy has gone in to panic mode and is trying all the stuff listed in some book called "the Dog Cancer Survival Guide", hoping it slows down or shrinks Quincy's tumor. She's giving him all sorts of supplements and really good stuff to eat like cottage cheese, blueberries, and sardines! What do I get??? You guessed it...plain 'ol hypoallergenic kibble. Whoop-di-do!

Anyway...so that's the reason there isn't a new pesky beagle foster dog here. Mommy is avoiding Petfinder so she's not tempted. She says Quincy is her current "special needs" pup. I'm glad about that because the fewer dogs to break into my room, the better!

Kinzi

5 comments:

  1. Kinzi,
    I'm glad you're being nice to Quincy. It helps your mommy out alot when you guys play nice :)

    So sorry about Quincy-cancer is so horrible in our beloved pets. It shows no mercy but know that there alot of us out there thinking of Quincy and wishing for a miracle...

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending Happy Thoughts to you all and hoping for Quincy's quick recovery. Your mommy is a miracle worker and if any one can get Quincy through this, its your mom:)
    Love,
    Mary2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending good beagley vibes up your way Kinzie, share them with the beagles too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww poor Quincy, we will surely say extra prayers for him and for your Mom also that she can find the best things for him. Kinzi, you are such a kind and sweet kitty and we all love you very much. thank you for sharing your blog and your home with some wonderful animals. I am so proud of you - my pretty girl.
    Love you
    Sandy/Fluff WAC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Quincy, Kinzi, Mommy and everyone!

    Awwww... Quiiii-iiincy! I am so sad to hear about you having cancer sweetie! Sounds like Mommy is doing everything she can...you keep up a positive attitude and get lots of rest. You'll be in my prayers.

    Well, I was going to give you all an update so maybe this will take your mind off things Quincy.

    All is wonderful at my new home! My new Mommy is so funny...she calls my new human sister Honey too...doesn't she know I am Honey? It is confusing sometimes!!! Well, its okay cause she is such a loving Mommy. I sleep with her in a big bed every night and she rubs my tummy, gives me kisses and treats too!

    Saturday morning my human sister and my new Mommy are taking me to meet my new Dr. I was supposed to go before but I guess my Dr. was on a vacation. Anyway, my new Mommy said it was cause everyone there is so excited to meet me...hmmmm. I am not sure I am gonna like this but I heard they are really nice there.

    Oh and guess what...I am in charge of chasing away all the squirrels in my new backyard. It is a big job but I love it!!!

    I will be thinking of you Quincy...you get better!!!

    Love, sniffs and licks...
    Honey

    ReplyDelete